Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Politics as Art


Someone asked me recently if I would consider running as Stephen Colbert’s Vice Presidential pick. I’m considering it, though he hasn’t asked me yet. I am prepared for any eventuality. Certainly aspiring to be VP is a step down from my former aspiration, but I console myself that the position is unlikely to be quite as thoroughly unpleasant as that of President.
Of course, nearing my 80th birthday, these days I’m older than Ronald Reagan was when he started losing his mind as President. Maybe that’s what we really need today: A mindless person a heartbeat away from the presidency. Following Sarah Palin may not be such a bad career choice. Can I make as much money at it as she has? If so it would certainly help subsidize the book-giveaway program I’d like to launch.
I may have lost my mind already even before this campaign begins, so perhaps I risk less in the land of political suffering than do most of our best and brightest.

Go to www.amend2012.org to support a constitutional amendment to take personhood back for real live people!
"Robert Reich And A Scribbling Sharpie On One Of The Most Dangerous Rulings In America | MoveOn.Org" can be viewed at: http://bit.ly/yvcz1p

No comments:

Post a Comment